So Baby Girl will be making her debut in around 7 weeks – give or take – although if she’s like her brother she’ll be pretty damn close to her due date (August 22nd). I still look tiny and I’m not actually taking offence when people look surprised after I tell them I’m 32 weeks, I thought I’d look bigger too given this is my second pregnancy and I’m just assuming she’s going to be another little whopper (Logan was 9.9 pounds which I think translates to just under 4.5kg).
There’s been so many things different between this pregnancy and Logan’s and that’s without me even going back and comparing my Bonding with Bubs posts. I don’t put anything down to the fact that they’re different genders – I’m not sure if there is scientific proof behind any of that but I don’t really believe it. The only thing that really seems to be the same is the belly size. I’ve definitely enjoyed this pregnancy a lot less, been way more uncomfortable and had lots more to stress over! I feel slightly bad about that because it is amazing that I am pregnant and being pregnant is definitely a crazy but special experience but it just sits funny with me. I always thought I’d be the girl who could quite happily have lots of kids and then go on to be a surrogate if the need arose for someone but now I’m somewhat second guessing that. Maybe it comes from already having Logan and wishing I could do everything I could with him before or maybe it’s just weird pregnancy hormones – who knows.
Anyway this post was supposed to be a To Do List to hold me accountable for things I need to get done before Baby Girl arrives. I really feel behind the 8 ball on this one, even my Mum was asking if we needed anything hung up the other day!
- Haul all the junk out of the nursery – seeing as this room was our office/craft/dump room there is a lot to get through. I spent most of yesterday cleaning it out but because it was predominantly used by the Husband he’s got a lot of stuff to sort through now.
- Wash all the newborn clothes and anything else she’ll be coming in contact with eg: basinette stuff, car seat cover…(although maybe this should be done when item 5 is so I have a place to put them, otherwise everything will just go back in the boxes)
- Buy a pack of newborn nappies for her and other necessary toiletries for me
- Sell any unwanted furniture on Gumtree (we already got rid of the computer desk yay! Although the woman was super cheeky and only paid $20 for it but it’s gone and not in landfill so hurrah).
- The white chair I used to feed Logan in (I’m trying to figure out a way to keep this though, it may move back into Logan’s room)
- Tiny sewing desk – I think this will be a free to good home
- Black rolltop set of drawers – I love it, we had it in Logan’s nursery in our old place but the placement of the window in this nursery is making it difficult to keep. I think this will be a keeper and will just get moved to the lounge
- Old white CD tower – it’s solid and is made up of draws (not a CD rack) so I was considering re-purposing it but I think this will also be a free to good home
- Old computer monitors – we have 2 and just bought a new laptop (to replace Hubby’s desktop)
- Move Logan’s chest of draws into the nursery
- Set up the nursery – put down the rug, move the furniture around, put up some art…
- Set up a new play area in Logan’s room to replace the chest of draws – we’ll reuse items we already have nothing new will be bought thank fully
- Potentially get another rug/mat to go under my feeding chair
- Cook some freezer meals and snacks
- Sort through my boxes of maternity/newborn stuff
- Pack my hospital bag
- Install car seat – I think we will leave this until after she’s born but might store it at my in-laws so it’s closer to the hospital (otherwise there’s no space in our little car)